Friday, April 24, 2009

Orlando!

So, as I mentioned in my Hawaii post, I also went to Florida this spring. As you may or may not know, I lived in Orlando for a few years, and to be honest, I don't miss it. However, my mother is down there, so I went to spend some time with the Mom, AND I brought my bike so I could get some early season riding in, AND there happened to be a PA conference that I could go to so I actually got to do a little learning while I was down there. Not bad, huh.

Overall, the trip was good. I did some rides:Note, I didn't set any speed or distance records, but I was on a 29'er mtb with only 1x8 gearing and slick tires... it was just good to be out!

I took some photos:
And among other things, I helped my mom get some cleaning done.

Unfortunately, I also got mauled by a Rotweiller. Alright, not really mauled, but definitely maimed. Well, I guess it wasn't even a maiming, but I did get a good little nip on the arm and I got feel like a patient while I went to an ED for an rx for Augmentin. I definitely prefer being on the listening end of the stethescope, if you know what I mean. If you don't know what I mean, well, I'm tryng to say that I'd rather do the auscultation rather than be auscultated. Not that auscultation in itself is in any way painful or uncomfortable, In fact, it's more benign than palpation, which can in fact be painful to the palpee. Or,would that be a palpatee? And is that some sort of relative to the manatee?

Anyway, I digress.... and digressing may have been what caused this SUV to flip. Who knows...

After days of running and riding in Hawaii then Florida, it was quite a bummer to come home to weeks more of cold rain...

No comments: