Sunday, February 1, 2009

I still hate winter.

Well, after my abysmal XC ski adventure the other day, I figured I'd return to something a bit more in line with my abilities--running...

Sure, it was completely dark out after work, and sure the roads and sidewalks were covered in ice and snow... but the dogs and I needed exercise, so out we went. I really HATE people who don't shovel the sidewalks in front of their homes. I think *perhaps* people on low-traffic side streets could be forgiven (as it's not too dangerous to walk in the street), but people on high-traffic roads should have the courtesy to clean up in front of their houses so pedestrians aren't forced out in the narrow, icy streets.

Of course, the downside is that PLENTY of shoveled sidewalks were like ice luges... My special winter running shoes helped keep me upright, but it was a struggle. I can't wait to run on trails again...

No comments: