Friday, September 23, 2011

Antique Freak Show

Like many husbands, I've been dragged to my fair share of antique shops. It's in the marriage vows, I think, as one of the husbandly obligations. Anyway, I usually go along, "oohing" and "aahing" at the appropriate times, but my mind is usually somewhere else (on a bike likely).

However, Jean has recently taken me to Todd's Farm and Antique Flea Market in Rowley, and I actually like it there.


Todd's Farm is a unique combination of eccentric people, weird items, odd memorabilia, and legitimate antiques spread out over what seems like an endless sea of yard sales. Items are displayed from the back of trucks, on linen covered tables, in a heap on the ground, and pretty much anything in between.

I've only been a couple of times, but so far we've gotten a great antique coffee table (cheap too), some creepy dolls (more to come on that later), and we bought some fun vintage photos.

But the best part for me is walking around taking photos... photos of the stuff, and photos of the people.

Here's a sampling of what I've got so far...


























1 comment:

Claire said...

Hello! I am writing a blog post about thrifting spots around Boston, and stumbled upon your page while looking for an image to use. I was wondering if I could have permission use one of your Todd Farm pictures if I give you photo credit. Feel free to contact me at claire.ferrante@gmail.com.


Thanks!