Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Got Weapons?

When we were checking in for the flight to London last month, one of the security guards asked if I had anything with me that "could be used as a weapon."

I had SO many wise-ass answers that I wanted to use...

I wanted to say that words can hurt so does that count?

I wanted to remind him that the pen is mightier than the sword, and I had a few pens with me.

And speaking of pens, I wanted to point out that a well placed bic or Papermate, into a carotid artery could probably be fatal. Or, that I could use two pens as handles tied on to the ends of a shoelace to strangle someone.

I wanted to simply say that, if launched from a catapult or trebuchet, I could be a weapon.

With the folks at the TSA not known for their sense of humor, I said none of these things.

No comments: