Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer = Riding

I've been trying to ride as much as I can with the summer weather finally upon us.

I do have silly number of bikes, but I can say that I use them. Over the past few weeks, I have ridden my time trial bike, my road bike, my singlespeed mountain bike, my geared mountain bike, my cyclocross bike and my beloved freestyle bike. Sadly, my diversity proves the "Jack of all trades, master of none" theory.

Read more>>>

In any event, it's all about fun, and that's been in good supply. You can check out some posts over on the team site for a run down of some of the races and organized rides that I've done:
But I've also just been heading out on the local roads and trails.

I do wish that there was at least one, local, epic road ride with major climbs and sweeping vistas, but considering the fact that it's pretty darn flat around here, the road riding IS amazing. Just yesterday I was lucky enough to enjoy great ocean views along the rocky shores of Manchester-by-the-Sea and Gloucester, salt-marsh flats in Essex and Ipswich, rolling farmland also in Ipswich but also in to Hamilton and Wenham, and tree-lined forest roads in Bradley Palmer. I *enjoyed* a major headwind too, but that's another story...

In addition, while there are no epic mountain bike climbs, the singletrack in Willowdale, the grassy fields and fire-roads in Bradley Palmer, and even some other, "secret" trails in Hamilton are all pretty kick-ass.

In no particular order, here are some pics from some of my recent rides. Because yes, I do still love photography (add it to the list things that fall under the "master of none" category), my camera is usually not too far out of hand.












No comments: