Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week Ending 1/13/08

So, the overall theme for this blog is supposed to be my quest to get in shape. With that in mind, here's a recap of what I was able to achieve in work-outs for the past week. I was just starting to feel a little more like myself, after my battle with the flu, but my schedule was tough, with four days at the hospital (with two overnight shifts) and one day at my part time job. The weather was also uncooperative with heavy rains on Friday morning (my morning off). In the end, I was able to get three runs done (on the road=4.5, 3.5 an 3.0 miles), a short stint on the rollers, and a good Sunday ride on the road. I've got three cemeteries right near my house, and they've each got some great hills--I'm able to get a good 10-12 mile ride with hill sprints done, all within a couple of miles radius of my house. Very convenient! Overall, it was a decent week. I'm scheduled to go for my VO2 max an lactate threshold testing this coming Saturday. Once that's done, I'll start my real fitness plan! Yee-haw!

No comments: